Blog > Tabletop Games > Miniature Painting [11/12]
So after a few months off, I've recently managed to find a little time and motivation to continue my tabletop adventures. Firstly, back before my break, I managed to finish painting my two Tyranid Primes. In the last few weeks, I've been working on the second Tyranid Warrior unit, which I've been trying to paint in classic Space Wolf colours of blue-grey and yellow.
I've also undercoated the other Marines I put together, so I can crack on at some point with painting all of those. If all goes well, in a few months all my Nidz and Marines will be finished.
My painting speed has definitely slowed down over the last couple of months, but I'm still managing to get a few things finished here and there. I know I was going to go straight into the Hormagaunt brood, but to be honest they're intimidating me. I really need to knuckle down, as I only have the following units left to complete at this point:
When it comes to tabletop action, there's not been a whole lot going these last couple of months in terms of variety. Instead, I've just been painting like a mad man in an attempt to get my Tyranids ready.
I continue to try and give each unit a very different look, and I'm pretty happy with the Lictors in particular.
As they are supposed to be sneaky, I chose probably the three most common camouflage colours in brown, grey and green, but then jazzed them up a bit with some very bright claws and teeth.
Like the Warriors from last time, I'm just going to wait until all the models are done and just base them all in one big session.
The only thing I've been able to do that has not been slapping paint on has been scrubbing paint off. I'm not really a fan of stripping miniatures as it is always so messy and smelly, but some of those poor models really needed it, especially the Warriors I got from ebay and a couple of Eldar things that were ruined by a very rough spray undercoat.
The paint came off most of the models very easily, even the old beaky Marines, that were covered in several coats. However, the ebay Warriors were trouble. Absolutely no idea what kind of paint their original owner had used on them, but I had to leave them in that tub for nearly a week with several scrub attempts to get them somewhat clean. I even ended up throwing one out, as I just couldn't shift one and a half of its old coats of paint.
Oh well, one less to paint I guess.