It's been a long while since the story section last had any attention. A while back, I gave up on the idea of ever finishing my Star Wars stories, so instead have typed out a rough outline as to what may have happened during the rest of the saga. I've also expanded the names & characters section with images where possible.
Did some work behind the scenes of the game blog page so that the game filters now work much better.
A couple of months back I found loads of old notes about all the old Epic Space Marine games we played, starting from back when I was in high school. I thought it would be a good idea to type them all up as best I could, and upload them all. While I was at it, I also converted the Epic-S and 40K battle reports from their PDF state to HTML, and they can be found on the Warhammer 40K page.
This is where you can read any of my irregular wafflings about tabletop gaming.
When it comes to tabletop action, there's not been a whole lot going these last couple of months in terms of variety. Instead, I've just been painting like a mad man in an attempt to get my Tyranids ready.
I continue to try and give each unit a very different look, and I'm pretty happy with the Lictors in particular.
As they are supposed to be sneaky, I chose probably the three most common camouflage colours in brown, grey and green, but then jazzed them up a bit with some very bright claws and teeth.
Like the Warriors from last time, I'm just going to wait until all the models are done and just base them all in one big session.
The only thing I've been able to do that has not been slapping paint on has been scrubbing paint off. I'm not really a fan of stripping miniatures as it is always so messy and smelly, but some of those poor models really needed it, especially the Warriors I got from ebay and a couple of Eldar things that were ruined by a very rough spray undercoat.
The paint came off most of the models very easily, even the old beaky Marines, that were covered in several coats. However, the ebay Warriors were trouble. Absolutely no idea what kind of paint their original owner had used on them, but I had to leave them in that tub for nearly a week with several scrub attempts to get them somewhat clean. I even ended up throwing one out, as I just couldn't shift one and a half of its old coats of paint.
Oh well, one less to paint I guess.