Did some work behind the scenes of the game blog page so that the game filters now work much better.
A couple of months back I found loads of old notes about all the old Epic Space Marine games we played, starting from back when I was in high school. I thought it would be a good idea to type them all up as best I could, and upload them all. While I was at it, I also converted the Epic-S and 40K battle reports from their PDF state to HTML, and they can be found on the Warhammer 40K page.
Finally got my pointing pictures up and into the Vault. Don't ask me why.
This is where you can read any of my irregular wafflings about tabletop gaming.
Not long back, Scoob and I tried a couple of different little "test" 40K games, playing out the same scenario as our 2011 Winter Wave. The point of these games was to test out how the Stompas work in the new edition, as we had heard that they are very weak.
These games saw my Marines and Scoob's Orks (with a looted Shadowsword) defend against the Stompas. In game one, the Stompas took a crap kicking, and did very little in return. Two of them were destroyed, and the third badly damaged. In the second game however, they did a lot of damage in their first turn, blowing up my Vindicator and the Shadowsword straight away, ridding us of a lot of our vehicle killing power, though still leaving them a lot to do.
It was hard to tell from just a couple of short games, but they definitely seemed a little weak. We ended up writing a new data sheet that we will try out in our future games, and I just hope I've not shot myself in the foot by giving Scoob's Orks too big of a boost.
My work on putting together all my other 40K models is also continuing. I have finally managed to glue together all the models that are made from stuff that was festering in my bits boxes. That's 68 new old models I've now got to paint. I am not the smartest.
I am still however trying to plow through all the new stuff I've bought. I've tried a few times to cast some new bodies for my Dark Eldar Wyches, as I want them all to be female, but they only send 6 such torsos in the box. I'm having varied results so far, but each new effort gets closer to my goal. There's also a few other extra little Tau bits I'm thinking of casting, but I don't know if I need them yet.
After picking up Celestine to boost my small Sisters army, I very quickly decided to convert her and her companions. I just hated how all three models were up in the air and trailing ribbons and shit all over the place. So instead, I've trimmed off all the ribbons and have glued them on to some small ruin bits. It will look a hell of a lot better when they are done in my opinion. I just wish it was possible (or a lot easier) to get rid of Celestine's roses as well, but as it is, I've had to leave them.
I've also tried magnetizing for the first time, as I couldn't decide which jump jets to put on my Tau commander. For a change, that little project seems to have worked first time.
Up until yesterday, I had never played a game of Risk in my life. But that changed when five of us got around the table to play the Game Of Thrones version, using the skirmish rules. I didn't really have any idea what was going on, or get any of the references that I heard (I still haven't watched any of the show - I'm going to binge watch the whole lot when it's all done).
It seemed like I had a good position at the start of the game, and was receiving the most reinforcements for the first couple of turns. But, as in any game where dice are involved, I rolled atrociously, and got slammed throughout the entire game. In fact, I was only successful in two of the attacks I tried, meaning I couldn't get any reinforcements from cards as my territories dwindled.
The images here show the start and end of the game, and the final scores. I was orange, while the greens, led by the mighty Scoob, took control of the north to win the game.
At least I now know how to play, and what the victory conditions are, so I'll be a bit more ready in the future. Now I just need to get some loaded dice...