It's been a long while since the story section last had any attention. A while back, I gave up on the idea of ever finishing my Star Wars stories, so instead have typed out a rough outline as to what may have happened during the rest of the saga. I've also expanded the names & characters section with images where possible.
Did some work behind the scenes of the game blog page so that the game filters now work much better.
A couple of months back I found loads of old notes about all the old Epic Space Marine games we played, starting from back when I was in high school. I thought it would be a good idea to type them all up as best I could, and upload them all. While I was at it, I also converted the Epic-S and 40K battle reports from their PDF state to HTML, and they can be found on the Warhammer 40K page.
This is where you can read any of my irregular wafflings about tabletop gaming.
We played another 40K game recently, which was pretty much the same setup as before, being 750pts of Salamanders against Night Lords. In this one, we rolled The Scouring and Scoob picked the vanguard strike deployment. We used some Ork Nobz that Scoob had just given me as the objective markers, and then proceeded to completely ignore them all until turn 5 when my last couple of Sternguard Veterans advanced onto the one in Scoob's deployment zone. That got me 2 victory points, as well as 1 for linebreaker, to go with the first blood point I got earlier in the game. Scoob got linebreaker too as his mob of Chaos characters advanced on my Whirlwind after chewing through my Vindicator and Techmarine. The game ended, luckily for me, after 5 turns. Had it gone on any longer Scoob's forces were poised to take the superior objective which would have got him 4 more points. As it was, I managed my first 8th edition win 4-1.
There's also been some work going on behind the scenes as I really want to move on from using the pretty boring Marines. I've really broken my "no more purchases" promise, and have picked up a few more things for my Nidz and one or two units for my other armies to help them out in this new edition. I'm also trying to finish some previously started units, including the Warriors I started to paint three and a half years ago, as well as starting to convert my old Spore-proxies as Tyrannocytes. I never even finished those Spores even though I started them back in 2010!
After failing to find the necessary Scorpions on ebay to boost my unit to 10, I've had to sink down to failcast levels and pick up a brand new unit. I've never used failcast before, but just look at the shitty state they arrive in. Sheesh.
I was pretty stoked to take my Super Dungeon rules to one of our games nights recently where we played a 4 player game. I'd already tweaked some things after the game with Scoob, and I was hoping all would be well, but more issues cropped up that I'll have to take a proper look at when I can get some more time. Primarily, the game is still a bit too easy for the heroes. I've got a few little ideas to make the bosses in particular a little more effective, and I most certainly have to go back to having pre-made, named characters, rather than the build-your-own method I've been using to this point. The whole process of creating the characters just seems to drag on a bit too long, for sure.