It's been a long while since the story section last had any attention. A while back, I gave up on the idea of ever finishing my Star Wars stories, so instead have typed out a rough outline as to what may have happened during the rest of the saga. I've also expanded the names & characters section with images where possible.
Did some work behind the scenes of the game blog page so that the game filters now work much better.
A couple of months back I found loads of old notes about all the old Epic Space Marine games we played, starting from back when I was in high school. I thought it would be a good idea to type them all up as best I could, and upload them all. While I was at it, I also converted the Epic-S and 40K battle reports from their PDF state to HTML, and they can be found on the Warhammer 40K page.
This is where you can read any of my irregular wafflings about tabletop gaming.
So following on from the last update I've been working on sorting out some more Epic stuff. Firstly, I took the Banelord I was given 4 years ago, pulled it apart, then started to put it back together again with some spare 6mm and 28mm parts. This titan, which is probably going to look pretty crappy when it's all done, will be devoted to Slaanesh, as that's the only section in the army that does not currently have a Warlord Titan.
I also managed to put together a Blood Axe Ork clan, after finding a few bossy Ork models that needed something to do. For a clan which is supposed to be very organised (well, for Orks at least), they'll actually look the least organised of all my clans, due to the spare models I have available. I've even used some old Stormboyz stands in there as I think their look will suit the clan quite well.
Those old Deff Dreads have been passed around a lot over the years. Looks like I originally planned for them to join the Bad Moonz, but one is painted blue over the yellow so I must have then intended them to be Deathskulls. But now they'll be Blood Axes after all that.
On the painting side, I quickly breezed through painting the Nurgle additions, meaning the disgusting green part of the Chaos force is now all done apart from the varnish. I realised too late that I'd used the wrong green as a base coat, but I think I saved them in the end. Up next is the Khorne stuff, and then I can get spraying and snapping piccies.
And just before I get stuck into the big Epic-S rules re-write, I thought it would make sense to throw up some old pics I found from some of the playtests we did of the beta version 1 rules back in the late 2000s.