This is where you can read any of my irregular wafflings about tabletop gaming.
27th Jan 2012 - Overwhelming
All last year I thought I was doing much better for getting wargaming stuff finished. But when I think back to the painting I managed to finish (Epic Nurgle, Trygon, a fair few 40K Marines & Dreadnought, Ork Warboss, a couple of Howling Banshees, some IG tanks, Vindicare, and updated some Blood Bowl teams and Star Players) it really does not seem a lot at all. Just shows you how little I've managed to finish in previous years if 2011 was a good year. This year I must push on and really knuckle down. Hopefully my Marines will be done soon, and that will be the first full 40K army I've ever finished. Maybe that will inspire me, but it's unlikely. I really wish I liked painting. It would help when trying to go through this list of jobs I still have:
- Constructing and painting 40K terrain, including oil plant, defence line, defence bunkers, craters, ruins.
- Painting 40K Marines, SoB, Guard, Eldar, Nidz, and Tau.
- Painting Blood Bowl Skaven and Dwarf teams, Star Players and Big Guys.
- Painting Epic Marines, Guard, Titan Legions, Nidz, Orks, Chaos Tzeentch and Slaanesh, Androids.
- Finishing my own wargame rules for 28mm, 6mm and Sci-Fi dungeon.
This month has been more of a gaming month while we've been giving those new Necrons some action, so painting has again been limited. I've only managed to paint a Chaplain and some Blood Bowl Elf Star Players. I've also done a bit more work on the oil plant, scratch-built a Dwarf Deathroller (it totally sucks, but at least I save a whole load of cash), and green-stuffed a couple of Skaven fingers very badly.
As far as designing my own rules, the basic ruleset for 28mm is nearly done. Can't wait!