Home > Tabletop Games > Blog

Latest Blog Entry

9th June: Surviving A Blizzard

Latest News

6th May 2019

It's been a long while since the story section last had any attention. A while back, I gave up on the idea of ever finishing my Star Wars stories, so instead have typed out a rough outline as to what may have happened during the rest of the saga. I've also expanded the names & characters section with images where possible.

29th October 2017

Did some work behind the scenes of the game blog page so that the game filters now work much better.

30th June 2017

A couple of months back I found loads of old notes about all the old Epic Space Marine games we played, starting from back when I was in high school. I thought it would be a good idea to type them all up as best I could, and upload them all. While I was at it, I also converted the Epic-S and 40K battle reports from their PDF state to HTML, and they can be found on the Warhammer 40K page.

Tabletop Games Blog

This is where you can read any of my irregular wafflings about tabletop gaming.

17th November 2011 - The Stompin' Ground

During the summer 2011 I realised my Blood Bowl board was getting a bit tatty (well it had reached the grand old age of 17), and I didn't want to risk wearing it out any more in case it fell apart. So I came up with the awesome (not) idea of making my own. And so, the Stompin' Ground was born!

The Stompin' Ground

The board was made out of a sheet of XPS, which was painted yellow and black with a gaming mat glued to the top of it. Because I didn't want to buy a GW gaming mat just to hack it up, I instead bought a cheap-shite mat and hacked the grid corners out of that. I paid for that decision a little bit, as I found the mat was very easy to take chunks out of with very little contact. So when it was all done I painted thinned down PVA glue over the top of it all to try and seal and protect it a little.
The dugouts were made by first gluing some thin strips of card down to separate the different sections, then just by covering it with sand, slapping black paint over everything, and then drybrushing white like a nutter.
I quickly bashed up some turn/re-roll/score sheets and counters and printed them onto card. When creating the dugouts I'd glued down some thin transparent plastic, and the score sheets slid under these easy enough through the gap I'd left at the side.

Here's some pics of the creation of the board:

Stompin' Ground development