It's been a long while since the story section last had any attention. A while back, I gave up on the idea of ever finishing my Star Wars stories, so instead have typed out a rough outline as to what may have happened during the rest of the saga. I've also expanded the names & characters section with images where possible.
Did some work behind the scenes of the game blog page so that the game filters now work much better.
A couple of months back I found loads of old notes about all the old Epic Space Marine games we played, starting from back when I was in high school. I thought it would be a good idea to type them all up as best I could, and upload them all. While I was at it, I also converted the Epic-S and 40K battle reports from their PDF state to HTML, and they can be found on the Warhammer 40K page.
This is where you can read any of my irregular wafflings about tabletop gaming.
Recently I decided to start dabbling with green stuff for the first time. The main reason for this was because I wanted to get a Callidus Assassin and give her crazy long hair like some Japanese Anime character. I reckoned I had two options: either get the proper assassin model and green stuff her hair, or buy the Dark Eldar model Kruellagh The Vile (who has pretty much the hair I wanted) and convert her to be an assassin. I eventually (and somewhat foolishly) opted for the former. The problem I had here was I started to green stuff this model right away rather than have a few "practise runs".
Because I had read that it was best to green stuff over some kind of support I left the model's pony tail and just started to build up around it:
Starting to green stuff
I hit problems as soon as I started building up the hair strands: green stuff just plain sucks! Anyway, I've finally done the whole head of hair. The actual detail I've ended up with is quite acceptable for my own low standards, but the main problem is immediately evident - the mass of hair above her head is just way too big!
Woah! Big hair!
Looking back now I realise I should have hacked off the pony tail and built up the green stuff in layers right from her head. So now I've got two options: either hack most of the hair off and do it again now I know a bit more about what I'm doing, or chalk this one up to experience and just paint the crazy big-haired bitch. She would be quite funny.
Anyway, soon after putting the last strands on the assassin, I quickly used the spare green stuff I'd mixed up to add more hair to my new Inquisitor, mainly just trying to extend the hair style that was there. Didn't try anywhere near as hard, but bought this chick solely so I can get the assassin into games alongside my Marines or Guard.
Never to be forgotten, things have been moving steadily along with my Marines. Combi-weapons have been order of the day, with a converted combi-flamer, and two converted combi-meltas now complete.
In painting terms, there's a whole lot of Marine stuff on the go all at the same time: a Tac. squad, my five Scout snipers, and all models in Terminator armour. Most of the Terminators are ready for basing, including an old Librarian from Space Hulk:
The Terminator Sergeant was the first face I'd painted since deciding my Marines were founded from the Salamanders. A good chance to try the pitch black skin and red eyes:
Needs a wash
All the previous faces I've painted can obviously be explained as newer Marines that were not recruited from the planet of Nocturne.
Because I've been a bit bored of painting blue and orange for what seems like forever, I've spent a little time recently testing out some colour schemes for some of my other armies. This Carnifex is the first Nid I've ever painted, and also the first time I can remember making red actually look decent:
Grrr, nom nom
I'm also part way through my Eldar Farseer, just seeing what a typical elfish "woodland green" idea would look like:
I know a Carnifex and a Farseer are fairly important models to just try out colour schemes on, but I can be wild when I wanna be.